Sunday, October 18, 2015

This is a project of mine for my Electronics subject. Well this schematic was a copy from the MAKE Magazine but I found out that there is an error on there schematic so I reconfigure it and this time I use LED Strips which pretty cool.
List of components:
DC power plug
Stereo Audio jack
100 ohms - 2pcs
10K ohms - 2
1n4001 - 1
1uF, 25V - 1 (elec)
10uF, 25V - 1 (elec)
4.7uF, 25V - 1 (elec)
4.7K ohms - 2
1K ohms- 1
2.2K ohms - 3
0.22uF, 25V - 1
1nF - 1 (ceramic)
50K potentiometer
TIP31C - 1
TIP32C - 3
RGB LED STRIPS (separate or combined)
Perfboard/universal board


\
The part list is already in the schematic, the only thing missing is I used 4pin terminal block as a connector for the LED strips. Since I will use LED strips, I need a powerful transistor that can handle higher current, so I choosed TIP31 and TIP32. These two transistors are called power transistors and so they can handle higher current.


For my first attempt I used only breadboards to check if my schematic is working and gladly it works.


Here is the final output of the project. Completely on its casing, cheaply made.

Here is the inside view. I used perfboard to assemble on the components together and then glued them on the side.

The 4-pin terminal block is use as a connector for the LED Strips. The purpose of this terminal block is to isolate the LED strips from the circuits which is pretty convenient when transferring or switching the light from one filter to another.

This pot is use to control the amount of audio frequency coming from the input in other words this thing control the intensity of the light.

The back end of the casing was where the DC source input and switch were installed.

Here is the LED strips.















2 comments:

  1. There's 3 4.7uf caps in the parts list but I only see one in the schematic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the confusion, I already updated the parts list :) thank you for reading and commenting on my blog.

      Delete